This website is run by Northway Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reading (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- you can’t modify the line height or spacing of the text
- some PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- call us on 01684 297938
- get in touch at https://northwaypc.org.uk///contact-us/
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in within 21 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact: the Parish Clerk – email: email@example.com or telephone: 01684 297938.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Northway Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
This statement was prepared on 1st September 2020. It was last reviewed on 5th September 2020.
This website was last tested on 9th September 2020 and the tests were performed by Northway Parish Council.
How we tested this website
All pages on this website are in scope for testing against the accessibility criteria and were tested both manually and automatically prior to the writing of this statement utilising the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool.